Sunday, July 26, 2009

First One DOWN!

Thursday, 7/23 was my first round of Chemotherapy. Went in, had several medications including the Adri and Cytoxin pushed through the port in my chest, got a bandaid, and off we went. Of course, I wasn't feeling any severe side effects immediately following. In fact we had a bite to eat just down the hill from my apartment and sister and I walked home. (She is great for a personal trainer) The evening was a little tougher; I started to feel extremely exhausted, nauscious, and over-emotional. Friday morning, I reported back to the clinic for my immunity injection and a visit with Dr. Kasubhai. He was pleased with my progress over the first twenty four hours.

My toughest side effect has been exhaustion, but each day, I have felt better. Able to eat a little more at a time and feeling less nauscious. I have a difficult time in the evening around 7:00 where I am restless, exhausted and again, emotional. I take my evening med, take a bath curl up in bed, and usually fall asleep quickly. Once asleep, I am good til morning! Yeah!!!!

Came over to mom's in PO last night and woke up this am feeling pretty good! Was able to eat breakfast and enjoy a beautiful, sunny morning over looking the bay!

Heading to Spokane midweek to take the kids to their "First-step" check in day at Eastern! Wow, I can't believe they are all grown up now! Anyway, will be there through the weekend. Please pray for strength!

Next treatment will be August 6th! Will update you all soon! Thanks for your continued comments, cards, love, and support... You all make it so much easier! Love to all!

11 comments:

  1. I am with you every day! Whoever says no prayers in school doesn't know a teacher at grading day or a student with a test!! My prayers are for peace and health as well as strength for the entire family!! Love to you all. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see a post from you and that you've made it thru this first one. Let us know when you feel up to a visit - would really like to see you with my own eyes.....HUGS honey.... Shar

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are also with you Teri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri,

    You sound like you're strong and positive, which is great. Your friends and family will help you through the down times I'm sure. We're all pulling for you! I wanted to let you know that in the last episode of So You Think You Can Dance, they had a piece dedicated to breast cancer survivors. I thought you might want to see it. I found a link on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lHDfZwvsgQ&NR=1 Hope it works so you can view it, the dancing is incredible.

    Thinking of you!!! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teri,
    The M's are suffering without you! Bummer weekend, but hopefully things will improve. It sounds like you did pretty well with the chemo, and hopefully it will attack that cancer and bring you back. Take care... we all miss you!! Karen Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi teri
    keep up the good work, it sounds like you are doing great for such a lousy treatment. hope you have a good time over in spokane
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see you today Teri; a real HUG is much better than a cyber Hug. You continue to amaze me - packing a picnic to go boating with Tami & Jo again. Hope you had a great day on the water and will have a peaceful night. HUGS, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teresa,
    I am glad you are feeling a little better each day.... I miss spending time with you and you know I was so looking forward to holding the zip lock bag LOL.... keep strong and my love and prayersare always with you... "THANK YOU, FATHER, FOR BEING THE LIGHT IN THE MIDST OF MY DARKNESS. ALLOW ME TO REFLECT YOUR LIGHT SO THAT OTHERS WILL BE DRAWN INTO YOUR SAVING LOVE. AMEN...
    Love you
    Clo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teri, thank you for your current postings. We are praying for you and your process through the chemo. You have a good time with your kids on the east side. I'm sure it will be warmer over there. argh!! take care and keep posting. we really like to know how you are doing. thanks again.

    gayle terry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey everyone - hope life in Cheney is going well; at least you should be used to the heat after this past week here. Pray that Teri is feeling better and stronger each day and able to enjoy this huge step in Britt's life. Thinking & praying for you all.....Shar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teri, you are so strong. I admire your strength and courage as you face your most difficult test in life. You are passing with flying colors girl. Rest up and gather some strength cause the vacation is almost over and we will be back to the grindstone soon. Take care and talk to you soon. Jean

    ReplyDelete