Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Next Step...

We are home from the lake! What beautiful weather we had and it was nice to get away. Mom and Dad came up for the day on Wednesday and brought a nice spaghetti dinner. College friend, Jo and her girl Randi joined us as well. Thursday, we had my Aunt Judy, cousin Becky and three of my little cousins. They, too brought lots of food, fun, and cheer!

Next week, Thursday, I will begin Chemotherapy! It is divided into two phases. The first phase will have treatments given every other week for eight weeks for a total of four treatments. Two drugs, Adriamycin and Cytocin, are administered as well as hydration and anti-nausea medication. Prior to each of the four treatments, I have a blood test to make sure my white and red cells are at normal levels, and the day following, I receive a shot to boost my immunity levels to prevent infection. Say goodbye to the curly girl! I will lose all of my hair by the second treatment. You know what they say, "Bald is Beautiful!" Sister and I are heading to a couple places tomorrow to discuss some options and inquire about a stick-on ponytail that I can wear with my baseball hats! Phase two of the Chemo will start three weeks after phase one (End of September) and entails one treatment with a single medication given every week for twelve weeks. They tell me this phase is easier on me.

As Thursday approaches, I am scared, worried, and not sleeping well. Too much to stomach (Literally) at once. Phase one is very hard on the body, lots of side effects. In addition, my fourth treatment is scheduled for September 3rd, the first day of school! Won't that be a fun start! Trying hard to keep my head up high!

Please continue to pray for my physical, emotional, and mental strength... "The Lord will not give us more than we can handle..."

Soon, we will get some Pre-bald pictures uploaded!

Love to all!

8 comments:

  1. Hey girl - read your latest post here in Sekiu. Now that there is a solid plan, we know where you're headed and all our prayers can take as many as possible of the bumps out of the road ahead of you. I can't even imagine where your head and heart are right now. You've been an absolute mountain of strength so far. Undoubtedly you'll hit a low spot once in awhile but I know you'll bounce back to the summit. Our love and strength are always with you through our prayers. Arlond says "Hang in there honey; I'm gonna go catch a big salmon and smoke it all for you (Britt can have a little - lol). LOVE, HUGS, & PRAYERS - Shar & Arlond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know if I need to block out time to help you at school. I will support any way you want it! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you had a great time at the lake wish I could have joined but I figured my time off will be better spent holding the plastic bag for you as you did for me....lol those were lovely pictures don't show anyone..remember what happens in mexico stays in mexico...I will see you this week...
    love ya Clo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isaiah 41:10
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    Dear Heavenly Father, May Teresa feel the strength and comfort of your righteous right hand and may that strength and comfort bring peace to her heart. I pray to you through Jesus Christ name, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are truly an inspiration and evidence that what doesn't break us makes us stronger. Keep up the fight! Oh, Emma and I and like 50 family members (but who's counting) are praying for you and remember what I said about the power of her prayers! And go with a C, it's more manageable! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teri,

    Thank you for the update on your progress, and information about what happens next...I will pass it on to my friends and family and we will all be thinking of you, praying for you and sending good thoughts your way. Keep your head up!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers are with you for tomorrow and of course the days that follow.
    You know where to find me should you need anything at all. I love you!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tut,you are constantly in my prayers, tomorrow and the next days especially. Holler if you need anything at all!
    Hugs! Robyn

    ReplyDelete