Monday, August 3, 2009

"God is Good, All the Time!"

Okay, so it's been awhile since we talked last! Sorry and Happy both that there has been nothing to report. Sorry, because all of you AWESOME blogger fans out there keep seeing the same post everytime you log on! Happy because life is so full of blessings and new days that I am feeling great! Since my first treatment, July 23rd, I have felt stronger and less "Chemo-effected as each day comes. The only side effect that continues to slow me is my low energy. But, please observe, it is after midnight and it is my second wind (I often get it at bed time) that is providing me the fuel to update! In addition, I eat when I feel good enough to eat so a little snack is adding to the mix! (Sister makes great potato salad, not to mention Rose Marie's delivered painted sugar cookies!) MMM!

This past weekend, Sister, Mom (My traveling nurses) and I took the kids, Brittany, Brandon, and Jessica over to Cheney to go through their "First Step" orientation and pre-registration process at Eastern Washington University! They completed all the necessary steps to start classes on the 23rd of September! Yep it's official, they are entering college and we are old!

Not knowing ahead of time how I would handle the 6 hour car ride, we headed out on Wednesday afternoon in order to be at Eastern on Friday morning at 8. We stopped in Ellensburg to visit overnight with a past college professor, Carol Carrothers and her husband Dave and sons Ryan, Remington, and Choco! They provided us an Awesome dinner, company, comfy room and board, and breakfast to send us on our way. Thanks guys! We were in Spokane by about 2:00 or so. (Stopped quite a bit because we could!) Mom and I were more than ready to get out of the car and rest the sitters but I handled the trek with very little disruption to my insides! Yes!

After spending a busy, very hot day at Eastern, we headed back to the hotel. Mom ended up crashing very early after not eating dinner because of flu like symptoms and a slight fever that we nursed through out the evening. She was a little better for the ride home but still is not recovered. I, too ran a slight fever (Nothing to bring me a fast ride to the E room!), but was fine on Saturday. Thinking it's just a bad case of dehydration since it was over 100 degrees for the two days we were in Spokane. None the less, we made it home, using most of Saturday with many stops! (Still love that Rossows U-tote Em in Eburg!) My faith, strength and patience were slightly tested with my nurse down :) She continually works so hard to care for me that when I was doing better and she was able to relax even a little, she got broad sided by a bug! Halleluja for back up nurses! Love you all!

Finally, I am to the part you are all searching for... I STILL HAVE ALL OF MY HAIR! Regularly, I tug at it to make sure and my evenings with my eyes closed are occupied by thoughts and dreams related to my hair, but it is all still there! With God's grace, and my stubborness, I will still have hair in December! (If God has other plans, it will be okay because I will join my fellow "Bald Eagles" at FW.... hopefully they don't mind girls in their group!

Next up... Round two! Chemo 2 will be August 6th. I have to go in on Wednesday prior for a CBC (Complete blood Count) to make sure my whites and reds are cooperating in order to have treatment. Then I will go in for my three hour treatment on Thursday. (Love nurse Monica!). Friday, I will be back in for the Neulasta shot which is an injection in my belly to boost my white blood cells. I just pretend on my own Island and get to "Win Immunity" every week! So, on your knees, bow your heads, raise your hands, cross your fingers, and rally the troops... I am depending on your support once again! Please and Thank you! My famous words, "Bring It!" Love to All!

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear you are doing as good as can be expected ....I was a little worried with no word from you...I hope we can get together soon so I can see your smiling face... The M's season is just not the same without you to brighten my days every so often I really miss you there and hope you can join us soon...." the will of god will never take you where the grace of god will not protect you"
    Love you,
    CLO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's something to watch on the next late night:
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/37752/saturday-night-live-the-lawrence-welk-show
    see you soon!
    hmh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see your post honey. I'm glad that the trip wasn't too hard on you (poor Mom!!). Keeping you in our hearts and prayers. Shar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to read about your treatments and glad to hear that you are adjusting. I tried to call you back after we got cut off during our conversation a couple of weeks ago. Got your voicemail, but never heard a beep. It was probably full knowing how popular you are! Take care and don't hesitate to contact me if there's anything I can do for you. Lynn (as in INgrid's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss your wonderful smile and visits at the ball park. Love the hair cut, just quit pulling it!! Your daughter off to college, yes,it's hard to believe, you are getting old. LOL Maybe some day you'll catch up to me. Hope your treatment tomorrow goes smooth.
    Take care,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck tomorrow Teri. Hope & pray that all goes as well as it can. BIG HUGS, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teri,

    Continue to stay strong and upbeat. You are such an inspiration to all with your positive attitude. I think of you daily as does Hailee - we miss you and love you!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoKim & Hailee
    PS She was officially released to play volleyball yesterday!

    ReplyDelete