Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday July 6

Hello Family and Friends,
This is another guest blogger on line today. The last 5 days have been a bag of mixed emotions. As I left Teri's late last night, I was feeling sad, mad, tired, hungry,heartbroken, frustrated and the range of all other emotions. To see my friend of 22 years in such a state has really affected me. I returned this morning with my mom, Bev, sister Tina and the 2 girls Reese and Tatum. To my wonderful surprise, there was Teri sitting up. Our friend and co worker, Ingrid, was here visiting with Teri, Tami and mom. Teri looked fabulous! Her eyes were bright and that great smile had returned. What a turn around from last night. Soon after friend Angela and her daughter, Ellie, stopped by to visit as well. An hour later me, Teri, Tami, Reese , Tatum and my mom went to lunch at Burger Express in Federal Way. Yes, she was up and moving and actually ate 3 bites of a a fabulous cheeseburger. Friend and co worker, Jordanne is now here visiting. She continues to amaze me. Keep it up Ter! Fight the good fight! We love you. Taylor

Taylor said it all, except I have to add a funny story...As Teri was visiting with Ingrid this morning, she decided to boil herself some eggs. Now keep in mind, Teri has been on a number of drugs and although we are very encouraged that Teri is increasing her level of activity and independent tasks, one should never CWUI (cook while under the influence). Teri no sooner sat back down on the couch and Ingrid flew across the living room because the kitchen started smoking. Teri had turned the wrong burner on and tried to fry the apple pie and burner cover! Rest assure that Ingrid saved the kitchen, the apple pie, and Teri's eggs. There were absolutely no injuries sustained in this incident!


On a serious note, I also am amazed at Teri's effort at recovery. There will be no holdin this girl back! She will attack the journey in front of her as if it were just another appointment in her day...it will be just another thing she needs to do. And she will get it done!!!


It is nice to see that all of you are reading and responding to the blog entries...It is a good way for us to communicate what is going on with Teri, and she absolutely loves to read the comments and responses. It is so motivating and encouraging for her, really keeps her going. Teri also wants you to know that she has had enjoyed her visitors, so if you would like to come by, you can call her 360-535-4308 to make sure she is not resting or at an appointment.

From a medical standpoint, Teri has an appointment with Dr. Gould tomorrow (7/7) where he will check everything out, possibly remove the drains, and hopefully have some tissue biopsy results. We might even discuss the sequence of events following staple, suture removal including the chemotherapy/radiation schedule.
Until tomorrow, continue thoughts, prayers, visits, etc.

7 comments:

  1. Teri,
    It was great to hear how you are coming along! I love visitng the website each day and tracking your record. I will call on Wednesday and see if you are up for a visit. What can I bring? I'll call first to see how you are feeling, remeber is you are to tired just say so and I can come another time.

    Rest Well!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri,
    I am so proud of the strength you are showing and of all the friends that surround you today. Sometimes we forget what blessings we have till something like this happens. Know that I am praying for you and yours and will come see you later as I think many others are with you now. I love you, lady, always have.
    Sandy Warner, one of your "Old" teacher friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like you've really turned a corner from yesterday. Good job, honey. You look so young with your hair straight. It's good to see your smile again. Please be careful when playing house in the kitchen...I'll be waiting to hear about the visit with your doc tomorrow!! I love you
    Shar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri,
    When I left you on sunday my heart was heavy because I could not make the pain go away. I was really happy to see you got that big burger you wanted lol.
    Teri you know God is bigger than what is happening to you and he can remove the pain, so cry out to him and he will hear you and bless you.
    love,
    Clo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teri and Tami, Brit. I love you all so very much. And my prayers are with you all. I speak from my heart when I say that GOD is a healing GOD. You have to hurry back so I can get my hugs. Love always Miss V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi girls! It's so nice to be able to follow all of your progress, and all of the love that is pouring in from everywhere. People are asking about you at the ballpark, and hopefully more and more will be visiting your blogspot. We are all rooting for you, so keep up the good work and come back soon! Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Teri,

    I'm so glad Tami called tonight to let me know how you are doing and about this blog spot. You have such a big family and so many friends who love you and are praying for you. I'm one of them. I truly admire your courage and you are a role model for all us women out there. I hope I can come by for a visit soon. Hang in there, you'll be back at Safeco soon enough. I'll talk to you again soon!

    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete