Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Break Time!

Came home from Camping at Lake Easton to attend a doctor's appointment with Dr. Gould. He checked to make sure everything is continuing to heal. (He was pleased with the progress). I am pleased that the numbness and lack of feeling is confined to my chest and did not extend to my arms! Didn't get any information regarding future treatment from him but will tomorrow when we meet with Dr. Kasubhai(General Oncologist). Chances are, Chemo will begin last week in July. The best news of today, I was cleared to shower, exercise, and not wear my wraps 24/7. It's the little things that make the big things seem small!

Physically, I am stronger every day. I even won first place at a mini cribbage tournament with mom as my partner!

After tomorrow's appointment, I am heading back up to Easton for three more days of Vitamin D therapy. Come on SUN!

I continue to be amazed at the level of support I recieve on a daily basis. The cards, the flowers, meals, and inspirational text messages you, my friends and family send, keep me going! Dad had minor surgery today and hurried to get out of the recovery room to make it to my appointment. My family rocks!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Hon ... so good to have an update.
    What great news that things just keep improving every day.
    I MISSS YOU! but ... I am glad you are having fun in Easton with your family.
    Will be glad to see you.
    Do take care and be good.
    Love you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Teri. You continue to blow me away with your strength and resolve. You truly are an unbeatable foe and an inspiration to so many. Sending you healing HUGS and prayers for some sunny days the rest of the week - go tan!!! Love, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri,
    I was so happy to hear about your great doctors appointments.... you go girl... I wish I was there enjoying the sun with you since you are my sun partner, we can outlast anyone just me and you and the books and some ice..I miss those times but soon we will be enjoying it again. I glad to hear everything with well with your dad, he has been on my mind... Love to you and your family...
    Miss you all
    Clo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking abou you today sister, and hope your doing well.

    All my love,

    -Josh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Headed for Sekiu tomorrow for our anniversary - returning to the scene of the crime as Arlond says. We'll miss having all of you with us. Enjoy the rest of your mini vacation and remember - we carry you with us always. Will be back Sunday eve....HUGS, Shar & Arlond

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so happy to hear your doing well!! You are amazing!! I think about you all the time!! Have fun in Easton wish i could go w you!! Let me know when your back so I can come see ya!! **HUGS** Jen B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tut- I leave tomorrow for Florida. I'm so happy to hear you sound so happy! Enjoy your break. Yay for all the little things. :) LOVE YOU.
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teri, great news. Being by the lake is a great way to heal and reflect too. Keep us informed on your treatment. Just know we are all praying for you from RCC.

    Gayle T.

    ReplyDelete