Thursday, July 9, 2009

TESTED!

Well, my strength and faith were truly tested last night! I was having one of those give up, give in nights. I couldn't settle my mind or my body. All of the "WHY" questions ran rampid through my head. Through my tears, I was reminded of these things: Although I have cancer, have to endure many hospital visits and procedures, have my faith tested continually, feel like crap many days, etc. etc., I also have life, parents who have relentlessly been by my side from the start, a bond with my identical twin that 90% of the world will never comprehend, a beautiful daughter who loves me and is counting on me, co-workers that help and support in everyway possible, friends and family that take time to send me messages daily telling me they are thinking about me and praying for me, and an opportunity to give to others less fortunate than me. In addition, I have our heavenly father who will never leave my side. Can you imagine for one minute someone who has to go through this alone? I was finally able to peacefully close my eyes and get some rest.

My words of encouragement for the day:
"I expect to pass through this life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not deter or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." William Penn



It is a good day! Many friends are planning to visit today and I am feeling better and better everyday.

9 comments:

  1. Teri,

    It was so good to talk to you today. I have been thinking about you everyday since you told me of your cancer. It was good to hear your voice and know that you are strong and that you are going to kick this thing. I'm so glad that we have reconnected after all these years! My love to you and your family. Keep your head up! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teri!! I am so glad to hear you are doing good. Please keep the faith and keep thinking positive. I miss you at the field. Last nite I saw some candidates for the "what not to wear to a ball game" movie and I thought of you. I miss joking and laughing with you. Aisle 140-41 is waiting for you and so am I. Love you honey, Karen G

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your heart to Gods ears - he will see you through this honey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Teri,
    Just want you to know we really miss you at the Stadium. It was good to see your sister the other day. Taylor keeps me up to date on how everything is going, plus I love reading your blog. You are loved.
    Take care,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teri, it is great to read your blogs and know that you are more up and about. You will feel much better when the drains come out. You will have your down days and that's is normal. But you are on the right track in staying positive and realizing as you said, we only pass this way once so let's all make the best of it.

    Gayle T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goog Morning. Well, I am going to try this again. I am so bad on the computor. Oh well. I just got to your blog on tues. I know it took me a long time. I finally found out how to do it. Yes, we will never walk along. No matter how we feel or how big the problem is God is with us. Sometimes I get really mad at God because things are going as well as I would like but he has his own plan and goes at his own speed. There are alway answers but we may not know them. Hang in there. I have you in my Prayers. I am thinking of you all the time. I know I am so far away so my help is not right there, but just know that you are loved and cared for and I will keep asking God to be with you. Love yu, God Bless, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teri,
    yesterday was a rough day for me, I havn't seen you in 4 days and this is weighting heavy on me..... I know the last few days have been very trying on you but I think we are all learning a little about ourselves and how dear friends and family really are..
    "Lord, may we accept your calling on our lives as David has done. Open our eyes so that we may look at the heart, rather than the outward appearance."
    I hope to see you before you leave for a week of fun and sun but if not know that my heart is with you always.....
    Love, Clo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Teri - Just hoping you had a good night and that today's Doc appointment will be all that you want it to be...Love You and Hugs to you and Britt Shar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teri, I love your candid comments, but speaking from experince the days will feel terrible but having cancer is not a death sentence. You have the ability to fight and overcome this disease. I had a one year old, a 4 year old and a 6 year old when I fought this fight. Knowing that your faith is strong gives you the upper hand. You will NEVER be alone during your fight. Keep your head up and stay honest with yourself. Love, Carmen

    ReplyDelete