Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Farewell my girls!

Had a great time today at the farewell party. I work with the most amazing, supportive, inspirational, and encouraging people! Thank you all for coming and thank you for your proposal, Katie! :)

In all honesty, I am scared as hell! I currently have a rock the size of Mount Rainier in the middle of my gut! Have no idea when I will fall asleep or if I will fall asleep. My sis is right by my side tonight so hopefully that will be soon.

"I Can do this!" From a friend, I got this advice today, "I only have to be brave for the next ten minutes..... I only have to be brave for the next ten minutes..." Before you know you are over the next ten minutes!

From my friend and BC survivor, Carmen, these are the words from my book of Whispered Words of Encouragement: If you can learn to laugh in spite of the circumstances that surround you, you will enrich others, enrich yourself, and more than that, you will last! So... my sis and I laughed and laughed as we used the self-timer on the camera to take photos of Ethel, Lucy, Flopsy, and Mopsy!

Thank you again, all of you; My family, My friends, My co-workers, My VB team and parents, for your continued love, encouragement, friendship, gifts, cards, food, and SUPPORT! I love all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Teri

    Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with you today as you are headed into surgery.. God has a special plan for you and your strength. We love you so much and are so blessed that you coached our volleball team this year.. We are here for you~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri,
    What a trooper!! I hope every breathe will be a better one. Stay strong. Call if you need any help I am a phone call away.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri,
    I have been following your blog and have to admit that at times I am cracking up remembering how funny you and Tami are and at other times I tears are streaming down my face. You are (and always have been) such an optimist. I admire that in you sooooo much. God is faithful to do what He says He will do...and He will bring you through this. I am glad to hear that you are doing better today and that you will see the doctor today. I look forward to reading good news on your blog later.

    I love you,
    Kelli Bringolf

    ReplyDelete