Thursday, August 6, 2009

2nd one DOWN!

Received the 2nd treatment of the first phase today, and seem to be doing okay...Sister, TJ and Britt were with me and friend, Kathy came by to visit. Treatment itself was uneventful, and I haven't even taken a nap yet. I also got some news that was a little bit unsettling; as I went in for my CBC (blood count test), the doctor discovered that I was extrememly anemic. The chemo drugs are tough on the healthy cells, and are killing the red blood cells, so I have to go in and receive 2 pints of blood on Friday. Hopefully the transfusion will help and even improve the shortness of breath problem I have been experiencing.

The pictures you all see here with this blog are the result of going to see Tina for a total shave! Over the course of the past 2 days, I have lost little bits of hair, so I went to see Tina and told her to just shave it off. Welll as she grabbed a handful and cut it off, I decided that I liked this short cut, so Tina shaped it up really nice (she didn't think it was falling out much at all)and here I am with short hair! Honestly, I can't remember last time I had short hair.

6 comments:

  1. Teri~

    First, I am so glad I was able to connect with you over the phone last week in order to catch up on everything that has happened this last month (being out of the country and not really connected to the rest of the world kept me out of the loop this summer). As always, I continue to be impressed by your positive nature and good, humorous energy. You are incredibly strong! We always knew this about you, but we are getting a chance to see just how much inner strength you truly possess as you deal with everything. Additionally, as your "tech consultant" at work, I am so proud of you for starting your very first blog! I know it was a challenge -- like anything else in your life it seems, you took it on, and conquered it! Finally, you are in my thoughts, and I cannot wait to come and visit soon!

    Love,
    Colleen

    P.S. Your hair looks fabulous with any and all of these different cuts and styles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the short do!! Your strength is amazing!! Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good to see you and have a little bite to eat after the hair cut.. It was really amazing at ikea with us just walking and walking it felt like run around the bases UGH and I was even tried by the time we got done... Keep going strong and we will be on a trip soon...
    Love CLO

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi teri
    wow, you are really doing a lot of hair experimenting! great way to take advantage of your situation. i like the short look. i continue to be so inspired by your journey. thanks for sharing. let me know if you need anything.
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teri, great to see all the update posts from you. I think your hair looks great. Think of it this way, you lose less shampoo and it takes less time to dry. LOL I continue to pray for you and think of you every day,knowing you are in good hands with great friends and a loving God.

    Gayle Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great with short hair!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete