Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I continue to be blessed and amazed!

It's been six days since treatment number three! Because I apparently have less healthy cells than when I started this process, I get apprehensive and brace myself for the worst of the side effects! Much to my amazment and surprise, my side effects are less than the previous treatment! I am able to eat normally, sleep well, and am just slightly tired, especially at the end of a busy day! "Thank you, Jesus, for my continued strength!"

In addition, to feeling okay, I continue to experience the benefits of my chemo baldness! I don't have to worry about getting my hair wet when I brush my teeth or wash my face! Getting ready to walk out the door, now takes me 1/2 the time it used to take! My naturally curly hair, on a good hair day does not freak out and become a Simba look alike when it rains! And, I have saved so much money because I am not buying mousse, shampoo, conditioner and leave-in! Can you imagine?! My head, by the way is the only place where I am bald! Let me tell you how excited I am to still have my eyelashes and eyebrows! "Thank you again, Jesus, for blessing me!"

What's next?????
I will have the last of my first phase of treatments on Thursday, September 3rd. Then, I will have four weeks off (The month of September) and will start phase two which is every week for twelve weeks! My famous last words, "BRING IT!" Thank you, all of you, friends, co-workers, family, all of you, for your continued support! Please continue to pray for me and my family!

3 comments:

  1. I am home!!!!!!
    Call me please, when you have time.
    I miss you!!!
    Daddy says hi and to "believe, with Jesus all things are possible"
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa,
    I have not had much time to talk to you or text but you know my thoughts and prayers are always with you.... not a day goes by that I don't think of you and miss your smiling face at the M's. But I know you will be back soon.....next season... take care my dear...
    Love you
    Clo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the most amazing person I know! Hang in there and let me know if you need some home cooked Chicken!

    Paris

    ReplyDelete