Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Day

Well here I am again, 12:30AM and just getting around to blogging. It has been a fairly long day, but a pretty good day for Teri. Although the fever has been somewhat inconsistent...up and down throughout the day...her spirits have been good. She was moved downstairs this morning to ironically enough the same room that she was in after surgery. She was excited to see that many of the same nurses who cared for her and joked with her were still around.

She wanted me to give special thanks to visitors she had today...Jean T. who brought her some wonderful chocolates and good conversation, Sandy W. with her bright smile and flowers (complete with M&M adornments), Robyn with a "breast cancer" box of goodies, and Carol with a lovely willow tree girl labeled "courage" and last but not least Jenny W. who brought balloons and some good reading material.
Dad, Mom and I have been with Teri throughout her day; friends Cindy and TJ had to take on the Yankees and Safeco field. We passed the time with a couple games of cribbage and of course discussion to solve all of the world's problems. lol!
Dr. K will be in to see Teri in the morning and of course make a decision regarding her discharge. It sounds like the deciding factor will be managing that fever. We have heard Saturday as a possiblity, but we have also heard looks more like Sunday...poor thing just wants to go home and take her bath!
Thanks for continued love and support and please remember the rules! No visitors who are sick or even feeling a little under the weather! Love to all!

8 comments:

  1. steph and i are thinking of you teri! who knew bald could look so great??? wear it proud sista...my mom did and she looked great!!!!! i have german and spanish m&m's for you...they were nowhere to be found in greece :-( stay strong and get healthy!!!!! xoxo, carlye and steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((Teri, Tami, Mom & Dad, Brit)))) from everyone in Sekiu.....Shar

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi teri
    i'm out of town and just checked my school email and saw that you were in the hospital. got up to date thru the blog. that is such a great way to keep us all informed. sounds like your dr. is taking care of you. try to rest up and get better!
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teri,
    I wanted you to know that I have been reading your blog, thinking about you and sending you strength vibes. Sorry to hear you've been in the hospital. Hang in there -- you are doing great. Hawke signs "Hugs" to you.
    Katherine (Tina's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teri- Was going to come over Sat. but wasn't feeling good so didn't want to risk exposing you. Glad to read that you're at least up to a cribbage game or two! Know that I'm thinking of you.....hugs, ing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teri,
    What a rough road this has been the last few weeks... but nothing keeps you back .. at times it feels like "run around the bases" over and over boy I know how much you miss that LOL... but you have all next season to make up for that.. I miss you and love the caring person you are even when times are rough..."LORD, GIVE ME A SONG TODAY AS I STAND ON YOUR PROMISES LOOKING WITH HOPE TO THE FUTURE. AMEN"
    Love, Clo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sisters, this is Sherrie. Honey hang in there with me.GOD has blessed the two of us so much. As I struggle with my health problems I carry you with me in my prayers. We will have the victory over this on day really soon. They started me on a new medication Tuesday. I woke up this morning in uncontroble tears, because of the way this new medicine is making me feel. I want you to know that I love you so very much, and I will continue to pray for a complete recovery for you. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in Thee" Isaiah 26:3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teri, I have you in my prayers everyday. You courage is amazing. Keep up the good work. You have a lot of work to do but I think you are able to do it with a lot of help and love. It sounds like you have a wonderful support team. Sorry I don`t live closer so I could bring you a hug and some food. Hope to see you soon. If not at work at Safeco I am sure to see you at the party. Take care and love and God Bless, Annie

    ReplyDelete