Thursday, August 20, 2009

"We know that suffering produces perserverance..."

...perserverance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us!" Romans 5:4 I chose this verse to convey my response to my physcial, emotional, and mental condition. I completed my third round of chemo therapy today. One more treatment (Sept. 3) completes the first phase. The side effects I am experiencing are increasing in severity with each treatment. In addition, the war within my body continues to terorize my spirit! There are required medications (a lot of them) that are given to minimize side effects from the chemo alone. Then there are medications that are prescribed infection or every day ailments like headaches, body aches and other common issues I experience simply because I don't have normal blood while undergoing Chemotherapy. They too, bring their own side effects! This battle attacks me physically which in turn temporaily taints my character and leaves me with my hands in the air wondering how I am suppose to have hope...

BUT, as usual, I preservere because that alone lifts my character, makes me better, and leads me closer to hope! I CAN ONLY PRESERVERE WITH Divine intervention and prayer, Friends, and family that continue to support me through cards in the mail, text messages, emails, gifts, visits to the hospital, and offers to bring meals. Friend, Colleen brought lavendar spray, a heat and cold pack, beautiful lucky plants, and yummy brownies! Grandma Bev bought me a beautiful lady statue with pink ribbons all over her dress. Angela visited me during Chemo with little Ellie, who was way more interested in building a relationship with my mom rather than taking time to say Hi to me! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

My mom, my rock, is always with me despite making sure her own health is taken care of. She is so unselfishly by my side 24/7! I love you mom! Dad, Brittany, nurse Taylor and sister, have continually supported me with love, meals, transportation, finances, wiping of tears, and attending appointments. I Love you all so much!

Remember: in all you do today, you cannot personally change any person or any circumstance, BUT I(YOU) can change how you feel, think, and act towards that person or circumstances! What a blessing that we have that opportuntiy!

2 comments:

  1. Have never seen a stronger example of faith and perserverance honey. We're all with you in all that you do. Love, HUGS, and Prayers as always....Shar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Terri,

    So sorry to hear that you are having such a struggle...you will persevere and you will overcome! Stay strong, you have loving friends and family surrounding you...pull the strength from us when you feel like you have no more.

    Thinking of you everyday....
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete