Friday, October 2, 2009

Back Again!

Well, it's been a nice four weeks off from treatment! I was starting to feel somewhat normal again, then it was time to start again. Yesterday, October 1st, I started my second phase of chemo therapy drugs. This time is suppose to be a little less harsh on my body. Taxel only takes about an hour and 1/2 to administer and I don't have to get a neulasta (Immunity shot) the day after treatment. That in itself is a blessing! Those injections were what was making me sick during the first phase. Once again, I am pleasantly surprised at the lack of side effects from the treatment. I am very tired and have a metalic taste in my mouth but that's the extent! Yeah! Answered prayers! Thank you for all of your text messages and support. You all continue to keep my spirits up and a smile on my face!

REMINDER: The DIG PINK volleyball match to support breast cancer is COMING SOON! It is October 21st! 7:00pm at South Kitsap High School in Port Orchard. The T-shirts are here now and they are 5.00! The T-shirt gets you into the match! It will be a fun night and a great fundraiser! See you there!

Please continue to pray for my friend, Erin who is beginning her journey with breast cancer. She is facing a much more difficult path than I am traveling. Pray for strength, wisdom and encouragment.

3 comments:

  1. My Teresa it was so good to see you and work with you again. It was kinda like old home week with the ballpark alive and the fans so loud... I will miss that for the next few months, but when next years rolls around I am hoping to once again see your smiling face at the ballpark. I know it has been a long and hard fews months since the first shock of breast cancer but everyday you walk on like a soldier at war, never letting on to the battle that goes on in your world everyday. I pray that the healing will be fast and once again you will be teresa pizza battle scars and all....
    Love
    Clo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teri,

    We continue to pray for you & hope that this 2nd round of treatment flies by without any serious side effects for you. We love you & miss you!!

    Hailee & Kim Redford xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teri,

    Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and hope everything is going well. You are so brave with your battle. Miss you and sending you hugs.

    Take care,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete