Friday, September 11, 2009

What a Week!

Tuesday, I went back to school! Taught the rest of the week. Each day got easier as far as energy levels, swelling and pain in my legs, and overall feeling. It has been good to be back with my kids! At this time I plan to teach every day in September except for the couple days following the trip to Eastern to take my baby to college! Yes, COLLEGE! Hopefully all these days I have cried already will make next weekend easier.

Today I was able to visit with my friend, Janice, who's courageous fight against lung cancer is so inspiring to all. We spent time comparing our journeys and sharing bald head stories. Love it! Janice is having surgery Monday. Please keep your prayers going that everything will go smoothly and without complications, but mostly for Janice's strength and recovery.

In addition, a colleague of mine has a niece, Erin who at only 29 has breast cancer that is quickly invading her. Pray, Pray, Pray! God's grace is so powerful!

Starting chemo again October 1st.

DON'T FORGET!
October 21st is the breast cancer volleyball match at South Kitsap High School. 5.00 buys your Dig Pink T-shirt and entrance to the match and the proceeds benefit the Sideout foundation.

Thank you to all of you who continue to support me through your emails, comments, text messages, cards and especially the meals! You all ROCK!

4 comments:

  1. My first time on my new computer........congrats on an amazing first week of school! Your drive continues to amaze me! Keep up the faith....BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should get together soon -- just hear about Taylor D.'s step dad. did you talk with him much? I didn't. But have you chatted with Taylor?
    Glad school is going well. You'll have to come over and see the "new" Truman sometime. Plus you can help me teach fractions and negative integers -- ugh.
    Take care -- more soon. Remember I'm just around the corner if you need anything.
    heart,
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. am in Sekiu (working) honey but will be back for the SK volleyball game. I know how hard it was to leave Britt in Cheyney but like everything else in your life, you will fight through it and survive. I Love you.....Shar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep Strong lady. <3

    ReplyDelete