Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Celebrity status!


Wow! I feel like a celebrity this month! A whole month dedicated to breast cancer awareness! There are cakes at grocery store in the shape of ribbons, bagels at Panera bread ribbon shaped, and pink stuff everywhere! I'm gracious for the focus as it leads many more towards early detection, better treatment and hopefully a cure!
In addition to all the "Stuff", On demand TV has a Pink Ribbon section where they feature stories, documentaries and celebrities fighting the disease. "Why I Wore Red Lipstick" was an awesome, real, funny movie that addresses all the issues of having breast cancer. Loved it!
I, personally continue to fight hard with the disease! Tomorrow I will struggle through my cold to receive my second of twelve treatments. So far, I feel good (Besides my cold) and not too exhausted. I have decided, though with the help of Pam Ashe (Retired Eagle) to take the Fridays following treatment to rest and get strong for the following week of school. My blessings just keep coming! It's so reassuring to know that even though I am feeling well, God continues to bless me. So undeserving!
Thank you for all of your positive thoughts and prayers. Please pray for my cancer friend, Erin who is beginning the fight of her life! Pray also for all of those who need grace and strength to get through another day of their fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment